9.11.08 The Saddest Day ever, Yen flew home to the OC

Yen's last day.
She really wanted authentic NY pizza, but that never happened. More reason for her to come back! I can't wait! We woke up about 9 am and Yen prepares to leave. While walking to the subway station a car service drives up and asks us if we need a ride. GEEZ! Car services are so common here it is scary.... and creepy.
Yen decided a few days before that she wanted to take the subway all the way to JFK. Kathy said it would take about 2 hours. I was only planning on taking her as far as Brooklyn but ended up taking her all the way to the JFK subway stop. It took about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Hugged her goodbye and see ya laters and off we went...our separate ways. TEAR.....
I take the subway back to the fashion district to buy some fabric and hang out with Kathy after work. She said vintage and I said where. I should have known better...
Vintage in NY is a rip! And this was a sale... I saw stuff at this sale that Yen and I bought a few years ago and they were charging a really high finders fee. I leave very disappointed and disgusted.
SOMEONE NEEDS TO OPEN A VINTAGE STORE WITH ME AND WE CAN MAKE LOTS OF MONEY!
Luckily that day the Little Italy festival started that night.....or maybe not so much.... We walked thru VERY quickly and walked to Washington Square to eat Indian food.
Okay it is a NY'er thing that you zig zag your way around people right...or at least say excuse me...but here you don't even say excuse me, you just zig then you zag. Welll walking to get indian food, this guy did not zig nor zag...her had to wait for me to pull Kathy's arm, to tell her that someone was behind her...and that dooche had the nerve to say under his breathe.... we shouldn't take up the whole side walk. Okay....seriously! SERIOUSLY! WTF Unless we were laying on the cement there was a whole lotta sidewalk left for him to do his zig and his zag. Anywho Kathy played it cool and handled it...I was just amazed at how rude he was. Fun times!
We pick a restaurant and have a nice little dinner. Chicken Tikka Masala. Yummmmm my!
After about 30 minutes a little Asian girl comes walking in making a big ruckus. She comes in with her little dog, her huge stuffed back pack and a plastic bag stuffed with stuff, she proceeds to walk thru the narrow walk way to her table near the kitchen. This entire time, Kathy and I stopped our conversation to watch her cuz she was so freakin loud. She was quite for about half our meal when some tourists came in and sat next to here, where she proceeds to ask them questions about where they are from... why oh why... I don't even remember the conversation Kathy and I had cuz we were so distracted by her. I was so distracted I asked for the check and almost forgot we were suppose to get dessert still. So Little Asian girl leaves before us, and again, makes all this noise while leaving and yells at her dog cuz she thought he was gonna eat someones food.....ummmm...why would someones food me on the floor in the first place? Then magically she disappeared into the NY mist.....

Oh wait...I met a person named BORIS! Pretty sweet! Kathy doesn't think so..she thinks he is sour!

No comments: