09.13.08 Crate & Barrel Knock off and Soho Roof Top Party

So Kathy and I went to Chelsea to pick up a computer desk she bought off of Craigslist. It looks exactly like the Crate & Barrel desk so she decides she wants it. We get to her apartment and she has the desk right at her door. The girl selling the desk, we will call her Dumb Girl #1, tells us that it does not come apart, I look directly at Kathy and both think oh crap, how the F are we gonna get this back to the apartment, and then I just get annoyed that this desk does not come apart. Then her friend, we will call her Dumb Girl #2, tells us that she thinks that is glued together. Okay this should have been the red flag to Kathy that we should not be buying this desk whatsoever! Why the F would you glue a desk together. Ahhh.....how I miss the OC girls too! Then I am more annoyed now and I go to grab the desk to take it down stairs and then....I saw it, behind the desk, a Phillips screw. Both Dumb Girl #1 & 2 say, 'Oh, I didn't see that.' Uhhhhh, yeah, you use screws to keeps things from falling apart, not glue. But then they also say that the screw is probably just there, not for any particular reason. OMG! OMG! OMG! That was when I felt like I was back in the OC. I ask for a screwdriver and proceed to take the screw out. When I take the screw out, both girls are ohhhing and ahhhing...... after that...we bolted out of there. So this desk is not that heavy so we both decide we can carry this home without a cab. On our walk to the subway, parts of the table where the other screws were hidden start to fall apart. Oh sadness. Halfway thru the walk to the subway, Kathy says that this table is going back on to Craigslist when we get home and she decides to buy a desk from Target with free shipping. THANK YOU KATHY! I love it when they deliver to the door. Overall, this was my fault cuz I sent the link to Kathy, so she got screwed litterly, Phillips style.
But what was worst.....Kathy doesn't think so but.....it was sticky and humid! Gross.....

Kathy was invited to a Soho roof top party. Did that sound cool? Well it sounded cool to me. Anyways, she said models and free beer. Need she say anymore. I was in.
We left for the party, NY time and headed for the bus stop. Yes the bus stop. For the next 3 weekends the subway stop near the apartment is going under construction. WTF! MORE WALKING! On the subway, we sit in the very far corner by ourselves. And then this old man comes walking towards us and sits across from us and looks straight at Kathy and would not take his eyes off of her. I think it was love at first sight for him. He kinda looked like this.....
Okay okay, he didn't have an chaps on. But it is pretty close I think. So for 3 stops he would not take his eyes off of Kathy, he maybe looked at me once or twice and went straight back to Kathy. She texts on phone, 'I don't like this guy, he is creeping me out' so we decide to move to the next car up when the train stops. Kathy gets up to go to the next car and he gets up also. Okay at this point it, Kathy was about to body slam or mase his ass. I get up to follow her and grandpa says, 'that door doesn't open.' She looks back at him and gives him the evil eye with death rays. Here is tip #2-Do not stare at Kathy unless you are a Kobe steak! Otherwise you will die!
So we take the subway to Union square and meet up with some of Kathy's friends and head to the party. Okay this is my first and hopefully not my last roof top party. Got up to the roof....about 8 flights of stairs...it was wonderful...cuz I had flats on and Kathy had ummmm heels, the view was amazing.... low clouds and saw the city lights. I wish I had my camera on me but...it didn't go with the outfit! Well, I was lazy to carry one, sorry peeps. We say our hellos and head for the very unstable tarp they made on the roof top. I get some beers for Kathy and I (don't you guys smerk at this!) I mean you get thirsty with all the walking, we needed a beverage. I look around and I see an Amstel Light and give it to Kathy, I look again, and dang it! did not see another, I pull out an Heineken and take the Amstel away from Kathy and give her the Heineken. I like the Amstel...my bad... We both start mingling and schmoozing a bit, sounded gay I know... but have a really great time! Met a really cool girl, who has a car and offered to take us thrifting! AMAZING! What else could I have asked for. Okay blah blah blah, we schmoozed a little more and I needed a restroom break. When I was walking back up from my 3rd restroom break (I DID NOTE HAVE A LOT TO DRINK, I JUST NEEDED TO GO A LOT!) this really hammered guy starts to walk down the stairs and slips and falls on his back right in front of me and splashes wine all over the walls. Good thing he was holding on to the stairwell or else I would have had his shoe in my mouth. He gets up and says, 'I'm fine, I'm fine' and proceeds to walk down more stairs, he passes me and slips AGAIN! splashing his drink on the other walls and says the same thing again. I know you all wish you could have been there, I always get to see the good stuff!
Other random stuff happened, but this is a PG blog....so I tell you if you are unlucky enough!
We end the night eating left over pizza.

No comments: