09.08.09 The Great Walk and $5 Mondays

Sorry my peeps, I know you love to see pics of me but we were both way too tired to be taking pics this day. You all have a great imagination, now is the time to use it!
Yen and I took the subway all the way to Chambers street-near the WTC site and went to '21st Century' but it is actually called Century 21. Crazy place.... we almost saw a fight break out cuz a lady cut in line.. Women are psycho!
We went back onto the subway and got off of Canal to go thru Chinatown. We saw Vietnamese people. They live here too?
Yen got ripped off, she lost a whole $2... She went to the 3rd vendor off the subway station and bought 5 white I heart NY t shirts for $10, we went two more vendors down and he was offering 6 white I heart NY t shirts for $10. We walked down Canal for about 15 minutes and was over it!
We then walked down Broadway to get to Soho, to go to Urban Outfitters, for their summer sale. We both left with nothing in hand, just sore feet.
For lunch we saw a Dean & Deluca, went in and walked right out... Why is cut fruit soo expensive...someone please give me a knife and I will show you how to cut fruit for only $2. After this traumatizing event we saw a Wendy's, the cheapiest meal so far.... meal for 2 under $10...I am soo cheap.
After lunch we tried to walk back to the Canal station but I got side tracked my Mercer Street. I dragged Yen into APC, Opening Ceremony, and Sunglass Hut. I want Gucci glasses! Anyone want to give me $320. I started to get a bit dehydrated (big word huh) and saw my happy place, Jamba Juice, ordered my Mango-a-go-go 16oz with no ice, $4.50.......ummm $4.50....I about cried when I saw that...I will only have Mango-a-go-gos once a month! Sorry Jamba! You are too expensive for my tastes in Manhattan.
Then we walked to Washington Square. Yen swears we were walking in circles...but I didn't think so...I had the map...She didn't... On our way to walking in circles, I found my other happy place....Thrift stores! OMG..... If I wasn't so tired, I would have gone in.


For dinner we had Australian food. I had eaten hear 4 years ago. Lucky us...it was $5 Mondays...everything on the menu was $5. Total dinner cost for 3 peeps $25 for 3 entrees, 3 drinks and 2 free shots... pretty good.... I can't wait til Monday again.


$5 to who can guess what is wrong with this photo...Yen and Kathy can't say!

$5 dessert truck


Bus ride to subway station! I love this sign!

1 comment:

yen said...

I repeat, I did not jump up and down like a jonas brothers groupie...you are such a dork!