09.09.08 Veggie Lasanga

Yesterday Yen had the brilliant idea to make dinner. If she was not there...this would not have happened what so ever! Me cook dinner? Yeah right! Oh I wish I took pictures!

The day started off with Sarah (my roommate), Yen and I going to the Target in the Bronx. The weather forcast was that it will be cloudy and thunderstroms in the evening. BULLCRAP! NY'ers are liars! We went to Target which was 3 stops from north of us. Its starts to sprinkle a little bit. We spend about 1hr looking at stuff we did not need and Sarah buys us a new microwave. Supposedly our old microwave, Kathy got from a garge sale for FREE. FREE in NY is not awesome! It is bad. The microwave did not have the spinning table when she got it, but she took it anyways cuz it was free. Then taking it home- it became a home for tons of roaches....yes roaches. Yummy....I guess I should have listened to Yen when she told me I needed to cover my pizza in the microwave. I think I am gonna vomit now.....hold on a sec................................................. Yummmy... Hence a new microwave. Thank you Sarah!
We pay and go to leave....it is pouring! GREAT! I am not about to carry that damn microwave to the subway station and all the way home. I ask the Target customer service ladies if there is a cab company I can call, and she says they are always outside. I proceed to go outside and some guy asks, do you need a ride. Okay, if I was in California, I would have said 'F no' and walked away. He said he is a cab driver, and pointed to his van in the street. I was like...are you REALLY a cab driver? and in between all of this I agreed that he will drive us home for $12, two seconds later I see someother guy carrying our stuff into his car. Felt bad....but oh wells... We get into the back seat, and Yens sits in a puddle of water in the back! She wet her pants! She wasn't very happy with the 15 minute ride home! :)
Afterwards we go to Whole Foods to buy veggie lasanga supplies. By this time, Yen is starving and wants to eat, and will not go shopping until I feed her. We shit down and she stuffs her face for about 10 minutes and she is ready to go!
Blah blah blah...we shop for like an hour and go to pay.... (side note: this blog will be about mostly money, I am the cheapiest person ever!) Grand total $48.85..... It was the best Veggie Lasanga ever! We went back to the apartment and tag teamed the lasanga... I chopped while she boiled and washed. We made one large lasanga dish and one smaller one that we will eat next week. I can't wait!
Then we end the night watching the new OC! 90210. Sadly, it was nice to watch...I miss home

No comments: