1.11.09 my boots hurt

when i have the weekends off i tend to wake up about the same time i usually wake up for work. Today i woke up about the same time. But i ended up just laying in bed until 9:30am until i really had to get up to get ready for church. If i were at home i would have gone to the 8:30 service and then after that i would have been off to the swap meet to see what treasure i could find. Here in Philly, I really can't do that. NO car and everything here is either closed on Sundays or does not open until noon. Why? it is a day of rest but seriously I am a bit bored on Sundays with nothing to do.
I head off to church and when mass was almost over I noticed one of the old men wearing a really amazing sweater. I wanted to take a photo of him so bad but obviously being in the church and it being totally rude..... wait... why am i thinking about stuff for work at church? wtf! urgh! so i obviously did not take a photo of it, i will try to describe it, it was a long slv, crew neck, the top portion was a cream color, in the middle of the sweater was an image of an eagle with its wings spread, and the lower half of the sweater was black. then the back of the shirt it was the same as the front but there was only an outline of the eagle. Lets just say i was jealous of it. I really wanted it. I love old man style! After service i usually walk past a coffee shop named 'B2'. Kathy and i went there last week and it was really cute. So i went there again today to try their hot white chocolate. I have never had hot white chocolate, i was too nervous to try something new last week but this was the week to try it. It was way too cold not to get anything. I took one sip of it and about died! I immediately texted Kathy to dish about my new fav hot chocolate. I head home and make myself some eggs and chat with matt for a bit and then i went off to explore more of east philly.
I walked down passyunk, then east on Washington and then up 5th st to go to the fabric store that was closed yesterday. I was a bit scared walking down 5th st cuz it looked like i was walking thru the projects a bit. I was the only one on the street. I get there, and that was a bust, only found glue! Then walked to south street to go to pearls art and supply and got tape, another bust! then walked even further east on south st until i got to front street, so i proceed to walk down front street to see how far i could walk. I walked all the way past Washington, past Dickinson, and to Oregon and decided to walk back to go the jo-mar (a fabric store that the girls at fp like to go to). I have so much fun walking around fabric stores i never know what i find. It is amazing! I ended up finding a lot of remnants of fabric and a few for work. At this point my heels start to hurt and irritate me a bit. So i decide my exploration is over for the day. So i walk back up front street to Dickinson and walk toward my house. On the way home i decided to get myself a treat, being it uber uber freezing, i picked up some ice cream for myself and chips. I mean if i walk for about 3 hours, i need to get myself a treat right? right!
here is a photo of how far i walked.

So at home, i try to finish my sexy dress and then get side tracked my looking up some new music. For some reason i looked up the Detroit bar in Costa mesa to see who is playing. I miss that place, they sometimes have some really great local music. So then i discover 'Mothers Sons' CHECK THEM OUT! http://www.myspace.com/motherssonsband I really like them so i try to buy their ep but they are not equipped for MP3's yet. WHY? so i decide to buy their cd instead from an online store. I fill out all the info and hit check out and see that shipping is $5! WTF shipping costs the same as the CD, I immediately back out of the purchase and then text BFF and tell her she needs to go and get me this cd! If she really loves me then she will got get it for me! hehehehehehhe I have an addiction! I need to stop buying music!

1 comment:

2 said...

Great...you blog about me going to get you a CD...what if I don't get it?!? Bloody hell woman, pressures on huh??! you know, its gonna cost more than $10 right? the gas getting there + shipping it to you + 2 alcoholic drinks = $30!!! sigh...good thing i love you =)