1.02.09 great start to the new year

okay by popular demand! meaning from two people! you know who you are! I have to tell this story....
So i got a new roommate. The other girl roommate-we'll call her 22- moved out cuz her parents got her a place closer to center city where it is a bit safer and closer to her boyfriend. So my landlord found a new roommate-we'll call her 29. I did not get to meet her before she moved in, i mean two girls can totally live in peace in the same house right? anywho. back to the story.
I went to NYC for New Years Eve and had a really great time, and spent new years day in Manhattan shopping at places where i should not have been anyways! The next day i took the train back to Philly cuz i had to work! Lame yes! But being the newbie, i had to, it was my civic duty. So powered my only 7 hours of sleep in 2 1/2 days, i set off to work on the train.
But i got really exciting news from Kathy, she decided to spend the weekend in Philly with me! My first visitor! She took the Megabus for $20 round trip. She got there around 11:30 am and walked around center city while i worked. Later in the day she was to meet me at my work so that i could show her around.
It was just another day at work, but my boss left early so that she could pack for her vaca to San Fran. She left about noon. So it was pretty much just me and the other newbie Whitney in our department. Around 3 pm my friend Jess came around and asked if i wanted a ride home. Of course i said yes to a free ride and save $1.25 on a token. So Whitney and I left work pretty early, when we should not have. But we did anyways with an quick email to the boss telling her that we had left early! Better safe than sorry! I am always sorry! When i try to be safe, i am always sorry!
Anyways I tell kathy to meet me off the tasker/morris exit, but i get a ride basically to the corner of my street. SO with my cellphone in my ear talking to Kathy and my house keys in the other to drop of my bags at the house, i start to walk down my street. I walk 1/3 of the way and i think to myself, i walked too far, and i look at the address of the house and yes i did walk too far. So i look back up the street and i get confused and have a really confused look on my face...... i know you all can imagine this! I walk back up a few paces and I look at my house, but i don't realize it is my house and there is girl at the front door that i have never seen before. So i get even more confused, and with Kathy on the phone getting confused from my directions to my place. So i pace back and forth a couple more times, getting more and more confused. Then finally the girl that was at my door walks pass me-but i don't realize that she was at my door and asks me, um excuse me, 'are you lost?' and i reply, 'no i am not, i am just really retarded right now, i live on this street, and say thank you!' I tell Kathy i will call her back and I finally find my house.
Obviously i tell Kathy what happened, and she just looked at me at me with a blank face that tells me that i am retarded!
The weekend was just a relaxing weekend, just two girls hanging out and drinking a bit too much with the roommates. Well, then sunday hits, and the night before i made spring rolls and we end up having it again for lunch the next day. So it is Kathy, Matt and I at the dining table eating lunch when the front door swings open. Being the amazing person that I am, i get up and introduce myself. We shake hands and she says, didn't we meet on friday in the street and i asked you if you were lost. At this point i go from being delighted to mortified! Then Kathy started to laugh and makes me tell Matt the entire story. They all laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh. Obviously I am embarrassed by what happened but wtf! I can't do 3 things at once, only one thing at a time. Don't try this at home kinds! The end!

No comments: