9.30.08 YA-YA Interview

During the past week... I have had email conversations with a potential employer.... YA-YA apparel for a developer/design position. She pretty much laid everyone out for me over email... what i would be doing on a day to day basis and how much creativity... which was not much at all... But I decided to go check it out and on my way there... I realize that it across the street from Bryant Park... over looking it.... It is a pretty amazing location.... now this job sounded even better than before..... It would get me into the contemporary market just like I wanted......
Well I get there a bit early and decide to hang out in Bryant Park for a bit..... I am sitting there minding my own business as usual..... when this guy sits down to have a cigarette about 30 feet away from me..... Me still minding my own business... I look up and see him staring right at me with a blank stare with his cigarette barely in his mouth about to fall out..... Well now... at his point... i can't stop staring cuz it is too funny not to keep looking....
I finally leave my cigarette smoking admirer to head up to the interview.... When i get there... I realize that they are working out of their show room.... two sales rep and the girl I am interviewing with.... We sit and have a nice talk about my experience..... and then she gives me a mini test..... she grabs a few garments and asks me to describe the garment.....as i would describe it to the vendor..... so I go in my apparel lingo and it is not what she wants to here....... she wanted to hear.... 1/4" DN stitch, lt wt fused collar, exposed #5 zipper.... etc.... I mean if she wanted all that.... she should have asked me how would i put this garment in a t/p form calling out details...... AHHH... So I failed miserably...... at the end.... she asks me what I think.... if i think I could do this... I said yes... of course and then asks what I would like to get paid here..... and she writes it down in her notes..... I think that would have been the kiss of death for me also..... I am too expensive..... WHO KNEW I COULD BE TOO EXPENSIVE NOW.... I WAS CHEAP A YEAR AGO! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I need a job!!!!

After the interview I just head home to Washington heights..... and hang out and home.... FUN TIMES!

No comments: