02.25.09 in record time

so today i got to go to the monthly silhouette meeting for retail. Meaning bring all your mocks and show and tell. Long story short, the meeting started at 1pm and ended at 4:45pm. AHHHHH it was a very long meeting cuz every piece had to be tried on and shown how uber cute it was, it doesn't should that bad but when there are about 50+ mocks on the wall..... yeah... it is bad. I had about 4 mocks on the wall. every piece obviously looked cute to me... but only one got picked up but not really, they are hanging it from a dress to a top. oh well... more clothes for me to wear! Here is one top they did not pick up. I think it is uber cute but they were afraid of the neckline and the gathers at the seam below the bust. I heart heart heart it!
i know it is a very deep deep cowl neck and short... but hey... thats why we girls have so may f***ing tanks in the dresser!! LAYERing is the key.
anywho this is what i wore today at work pretty much.... with my orange suede booties! odd combo...but who cares!

i just found this today on missoni's fall09 runway...... i don't think i am that far off? or i am totally off my rocker? LAYER and DEEP cowls!
image taken from style.com

4 comments:

JERI VANN said...

ok, oanh, i am def on your side about this top! i actually like it. from the back it looks like a vest, and the front is a fun little twist! i would wear a beater under it for sure... you should wear this out and see how many compliments you get, and then take the case study back to the crazies that didnt love it! you are my idol

iseehearts said...

i love you.

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

Ok so I just remembered your blog (as I'm suffering from extreme work boredom) and I'm happy I found it again. This top rules. I would definitely rock it!! Hoping to see you soon! Or else we need to come and invade Philly!